Bruno Haible wrote in September:
 > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/7184/guitool.html .
How up to date is this?

 >    Garnet
 >                            +: Advanced OO design
 >                            +: Many widgets
 >                            +: Written in Lisp
 >                            -: Windows port missing
Back in 1993 our project was looking for a GUI tool running on top of
CMUCL. A student of ours evaluated Garnet and GINA.

>From what I remember
			+: powerful, but
			-: huge
			-: very slow
			-: own OO, not CLOS
We choose GINA from GMD (at a time we were not working there) because
			+: OO is CLOS
			+: own server
			+: Motif (or rather -:, as Motif is not free ?)

I'll comment more on the "own server": a separate server (written in
C) is running for every application, giving more responsiveness to the
interface, i.e. basic objects can be moved, menus deployed without
Lisp code being called and CMUCL infamous garbage collection getting
in the way.  In CMUCL's threadless context, the GUI responds to many
user actions even when Lisp is busy doing complex computations, which
makes me think of other OS'es (AmigaOS, BeOS, NeXT?) approach of
handling application computations and many GUI events from different
processes.

The GINA project from GMD was terminated two or three years ago.

Holger Schauer wrote in September:  [Hi Holger]
 > What about the Free-CLIM effort at
Where are the good old Symbolics days? :-)

I think I'd like to have CLIM as it is reputed to be powerful, but
I've given up on it, hearing about its coming for so many years (there
were rumours about CMUCL geting CLIM before Lucid or whatever died).

Bye,
	Jo"rg Ho"hle.
Joerg.Hoehle@gmd.de		http://zeus.gmd.de/~hoehle/amiga.html