Is a class object a valid method specializer?

My memory of the situation was that it was brough up on (maybe?) the
"mop" mailing list last fall, when the 11-Jul-90 MOP proposal was being
disucssed.  Moon claimed it was probably an oversight, and several of
us agreed with him (I amongst those in agreement).  However, at least one
person disagreed (I think Gregor?), but didn't make the disagreement
explicit other than "user interface" considerations.

-- JonL --