:dynamic slots

The reason that :dynamic slots were eliminated from CLOS was that
they are a difficult-to-justify programming language construct. Because
there are no users of CLOS yet (only users of PCL) now is the time
to eliminate all constructs we will later regret.

To be blunt, :dynamic slots are a kludge. Now, I suspect that
you have discovered that you have some concept in mind that happens
to map onto PCL :dynamic slots, and this ``AI'' concept is interesting
to you. This is no justification for putting something in a programming
language.

I think if you define your own generic-function accessors and setf methods,
you will be able to get the effect of :dynamic slots with little or no
performance penalty, and you won't have learn about the meta-object protocol.

			-rpg-