[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Agenda for X3J13
- To: RPG@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- Subject: Agenda for X3J13
- From: Sonya E. Keene <skeene@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 87 10:28 EST
- Cc: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.Stanford.EDU, mathis@C.ISI.EDU
- In-reply-to: The message of 10 Nov 87 17:02 EST from Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.Stanford.EDU>
Date: 10 Nov 87 1402 PST
From: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.Stanford.EDU>
As you know, we ran into a brick wall last week with the specification.
The problem is with the question of how much the meta-object level
should influence the format and content of chapter 2. The issue is
how to decide what to say about the specification of a generic function
versus what to say about specific methods.
I think there is no question that this level of detail is worth
specifying, but the question was how much to try to do before the X3
It turns out that the very question itself and our initial consideration
of it broke our stride enough that we will not be able to have
an extensive discussion at X3 because we will not have coherent
draft of chapters 1 and 2 in the hands of the X3 members soon enough.
Therefore, the following have been decided:
1. There will be no CLOS subcommittee meeting in Colorado.
2. Danny Bobrow, Sonya Keene, and Linda DeMichiel will not attend the meeting.
I am going to the X3J13 meeting.
3. Gregor will present an overview of the decisions we made, such as
initialization, class redefinition, etc.
I'm sorry if this necessitates a change in your travel plans.