response to "emacs interface to franz?"

Here are the responses that I received to my question "What's out
there for emacs?"

------- Forwarded Messages

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 83 06:43:01 GMT
From: Jay Lark <CSD.LARK@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
Subject: Re: emacs interface to franz?
To: mike@RAND-UNIX.ARPA

I'm sure you've probably received several messages similar to this one,
but just in case...

There exists the capability in Unix Emacs to run a process in its own
buffer.  Typein can be directed to the process, and output is just sent
right to the buffer.  This is an excellent way of running Lisp, because
you get all of the nice Emacs features (paren balancing, local sexpr
editing) at essentially no cost.  I have been largely unsuccessful with
trying to run Emacs under Lisp.

The process package is part of the standard Unix Emacs distribution.

Jay Lark
-------

------- Message 2