updates to code and manual

We are assuming that people who send us code and documentation
(most notably, CMU), are willing for us to reproduce machine-readable
copies, and hardcopies, on a cost recovery basis, so long as any
expressed copyright notices accompany their sections.
  If there is a problem with this, please let us know.
We intend to bring some of the CMU and UCI Lisp stuff into the manual,
along with some corrections of typos.  Some of the CMU sections are
probably not useful for most sites (Alto Terminal package, IPC), and
will probably be mentioned but not included in the default hardcopy.
  (Thanks to Lars Ericson, Don Cohen, Mitch Marcus, J. Eugene Ball, Rick
Raschid, Dave Touretzky, and others for contributions.)