[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Inter-dialect Lisp translation (esp. Interlisp -> Franz)
- To: franz-friends at MIT-MC
- Subject: Inter-dialect Lisp translation (esp. Interlisp -> Franz)
- From: FININ at WHARTON-10 (Tim Finin)
- Date: Thu, 14 May 81 20:45:00 GMT
- Original-date: 14 May 1981 (Thursday) 1645-EDT
I am involved in a project to translate a large InterLisp system to run in
Franz Lisp. We envision this process as having two components: (1) a system
which translates InterLisp source code to Franz Lisp source code, and
(2) a set of packages which create a run-time environment in Franz Lisp which
is more similar to InterLisp's. One of our goals is to produce a translation
system which will allow us to take a new release of the InterLisp version and
produce a Franz version with less than one man-week's worth of effort.
I am very interested in hearing about:
o existing translators which go from one dialect of Lisp to another
(especially from InterLisp to FranzLisp or MacLisp)
o People's experience with automatic translators - how good can they be?
o existing packages which implement standard InterLisp utilities (e.g.
Record package, Decl package)
- Tim Finin -