Re: dylan availability

Bob Kerns writes:
>     Date: Tue, 29 Sep 92 16:49:00 -0400
>     From: Bob Kerns <rwk>
>     To avoid getting into a long discussion, let me just point out that you
>     have to read what I said.
>
> That didn't come out right.  Try this instead:  "... you shouldn't read
> too much into what I said."  I.e. I wasn't making a strong claim, just
> that it's not among the worst of the bunch.
>
> I didn't mean to imply that you were careless in your reading, or anything
> like that.  Sorry it came out that way.

No need to worry.  I'm not overly sensitive, and I saw your point.

It would be nice to write in Dylan, but there's the chicken and egg
problem.  I've never seen a garbage collector written in LISP, and
even compilers like gambit, etc need some C or assembler stubs.  Also,
there are ome situations where you won't be able to use Dylan to write the
compiler, because you want to do more nasty low level hacking.

If this discussion continues, perhaps we should restrict it to
dylan-builders or email...

Ted