bounded, infinite ranges?

Excuse me if this question has been asked before ... but since the
Dylan language has IEEE floats and thus contains infinities, couldn't
the "up-to:", "through:" or "size:" parameters for a range be
infinite?  One could thus have an infinite range which is still
bounded.  If this supposition is true, perhaps the language definition
should be changed so that infinite ranges are always treated as
unbounded.

Oh, that reminds me: what is the Dylan syntax for infinities, NaNs,
and other IEEE goodies?  They don't seem to be specified in the April
'92 manual.

atw