re: define and set! with multiple-values

>As a programmer I like and enjoy multiple return values, it would be
>sad to see them go.  The one time I listen in on the implementation of
>multiple return values in Lisp they added an amazing amount of
>confusion to the design meetings about function calling.  The time
>spent on that complexity would have bought lots of cool valuable
>things.

Concerning the use of multiple return values, I've always wondered
what is the difference concerning returning multiple values and returning
a list (or a collection class object). In other words can't the programmer
already control the return statements?

Cheers,
Kent

---