Re: multiple-values alternative with better destructuring

Rob Farrow (farrow@stephanie.hc.ti.com) writes:

  It appears that DYLAN, correct me if I'm wrong, does not return
  multiple values from all the primitive forms (Common Lisp makes this
  mistake too).

I'm having trouble figuring out what this means.  I presume you don't
mean that you want +, for instance, to return more than one value.

  This can make binding multiple-values a pain, because I now need to
  be aware which forms will and won't return multiple-values.

They all do.  All CommonLisp forms, and all Dylan forms, return
multiple values.  For most of them, N=1, for some N=0 or N>1.

John Burger
john@mitre.org