Small probability of clobbered files

There is a small chance that files written from Lisp machines to AI or MC
between midnight last night and midnight tonight (i.e. 3 hours before this
message was sent), may be clobbered.  The clobberage would take the form of
pieces (roughly 500 characters) missing out of the middle of the file.
This was caused by a bug in ITS version 1216.  I don't think it is too
likely that this actually happened to anyone, however it did happen to me
once.  Be paranoid.