Timings

	Since everyone I know of is trying to make a decision about what
to do about Lisp computing in the next five years, perhaps we should
try to co-ordinate a test that will help everyone make a decision.
For instance, each center (PARC, MIT, Stanford, CMU, Berkeley,...)
can provide a program that is of interest to them (not too big, of course);
each test site will then provide someone to re-code (in a very trivial sense:
turning greaterp into >, adding declarations) those programs into reasonably
efficient code for their system. The authors will provide timing data and
timing points in their code.

	Each center may have a few programs since they may have diverse
communities (SAIL and HPP at Stanford). I would be happy to volunteer to
test programs for SAIL MacLisp, which is a 10 version.
			-rpg-