[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: INFO-LMFS at MIT-OZ, INFO-LISPM-MIT at MIT-OZ
- From: Chris Hanson <HANSON at MIT-OZ>
- Date: Sat ,6 Nov 82 10:15:00 EDT
Experimental Local-File version 41 is now available. Bugs to BUG-LMFS.
In addition to fixing the problem of subdirectories not being correctly
saved, some changes were made:
* Undeletable files are now supported. Deleted files don't go away
unless explicitly expunged. This means that booting the file system
or the machine also doesn't expunge anything. There is no current
"system expunge" function implemented.
* The root directory is now a real directory. It can be specified by
either LM:; or LM:<>. For compatibility reasons, it cannot contain
arbitrary files, only other directories.
* A new function, FS:DBG-EDIT, has been implemented. This function
allows you to treewalk the file system directory structure and change
certain things. It is intended to help you when aborting out of a
file operation leaves a file incorrectly closed or deleted, or just to
examine the directory structure in a way independent of the pathname
* Some of the "user" functions, such as LM-CREATE-DIRECTORY, had their
names changed. This shouldn't affect anyone who only uses the
standard pathname/stream interface.
For more information, see the updated documentation file