(set-window-filename)

   I have encountered a problem with
   the Fred-window-function (set-window-filename).  Namely,
   (ask window (set-window-filename "string")) causes an error:
   NIL is not a correct argument to ::CCL%string-length (approximately).
   However, the filename attached to the window is correctly set to
   "string."  Somehow, I think I am doing something wrong, and that it is
   not a bug.

The new filename which you pass to SET-WINDOW-FILENAME should be
a complete pathname.  That is, it must include both a directory
and a file.  "string" has a file, but no directory.

Granted, the error message could use a little work. . .

   -andrew