[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Contributions and suggestion
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Contributions and suggestion
- From: Nathan Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 90 13:05:22 PDT
- In-reply-to: Matthew Cornell's message of Tue, 24 Apr 90 11:57:16 EDT <9004241557.AA01403@unix1.CS.UMASS.EDU>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
Matthew Cornell says:
>I'd especially like to
>see the ability to set and move the mark using keyboard commands (like
>Zmacs on lisp machines)
Well I just happen to have some code that allows the user to set and
move a mark from the keyboard and to make such a mark the selection.
It isn't quite the same as the Zmacs facility, but its close. It's
really more similar to the region in Gnuemacs. I've uploaded it to
/pub/MACL/CONTRIB on cambridge.apple.com. The code is in a file
The code is fairly heavily commented. For those who would rather not
look at the code, there is also:
which contains a cleaner form of the documentation.
Now what I'd really like to see is a keyboard macro facility as per
gnuemacs. It seems like it should be doable, but I haven't played
with it at all to find out.