[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Worked in 1.2, now trap crashes.
- To: todd.kaufmann@NL.CS.CMU.EDU
- Subject: Worked in 1.2, now trap crashes.
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Andrew L. M. Shalit)
- Date: Wed, 13 Jun 90 15:06:00 -0400
- Cc: joseph+@CAD.CS.CMU.EDU, info-macl
- In-reply-to: Todd.Kaufmann@NL.CS.CMU.EDU's message of Wed, 13 Jun 90 13:27:03 EDT <888.645298023@NL.CS.CMU.EDU>
I'm trying to port some code that works under 1.2 to 1.3.2.
The offending function is as follows:
(defun invalidate-area (rect)
(rlet ((var :rect))
(copy-record rect :rect var)
(_InvalRect :ptr var :novalue)))
What's wrong with this, and why should it crash 1.3.2 ?
Whenever you call a Quickdraw trap, such as _InvalRect, you need to make sure
that you have a valid grafport installed. You can do this with WITH-PORT or
(in 1.3.x) WITH-FOCUSED-VIEW. If you call Quickdraw traps without any
valid grafport, you will most certainly crash.
p.s. can't help you with the fasl version question.