Clipping

My application uses a window that has several nested views.  Currently
something I am doing is making it so that when I focus on the inner-
most of these views, the clip region is set incorrectly.  The size
and position of the view are correct.  I have a hint, though, that
the problem may have something to do with scrolling.

My question is: "From what does (focus-view) determine the clip region".
I need a lead on what I am doing to confuse it.

Thanks,
Blake Meike
blakem@world.std.com