[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Selection Ranges in FRED Windows
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Selection Ranges in FRED Windows
- From: Andrew L. M. Shalit <alms>
- Date: Thu, 11 Oct 90 18:05:14 -0400
- Cc: info-macl
- In-reply-to: Luke Hohmann's message of Wed, 10 Oct 90 16:05:03 -0400 <9010102005.AA17347@csmil.umich.edu>
From: Luke Hohmann <email@example.com>
I have an application that needs to highlight a non-contiguos range of
characters in a FRED window. At present, I have written my own code
to do this, highlighting specifci regions (that I maintain) within the
FRED window as necessary.
Of course, this code is written in Allegro 1.2.2 (and I do know that I
am using an ancient version of MACL), but I am now switching to Allegro
1.3.2. The support for FRED windows has increased, and I was wondering
before I start redesigning the entire selection algorithm, perhaps
someone else may have implemented similar functionality.
1.3 doesn't have any support for multiple-selection regions. However,
I think 2.0 might. At one point it had some low level support for
this. If it still exists, it probably won't be documented. But, you
could probably still get to it.