[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Weird Mac problem when using Apple Common LISP
- To: naha@YUKON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Weird Mac problem when using Apple Common LISP
- From: Andrew L. M. Shalit <alms>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 91 12:30:41 -0500
- Cc: info-macl
- In-reply-to: Mark Nahabedian's message of Thu, 17 Jan 1991 11:50-0500 <19910117165023.5.NAHA@LILIKOI.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 1991 11:50-0500
From: Mark Nahabedian <naha@YUKON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
I recently tried using my copy of Macintosh Allegro Common LISP (or
whatever its name is these days) after a long hiatus and am experiencing
a weird problem. When I try to start Lisp (double-clicking its icon),
the Mac's screen goes totally batso and the speaker starts generating
static. I imagine that if sync were getting screwed up in the video
controller this could explain both problems. LISP worked fine for me a
year ago. I'm not sure what I might have changed since then. I don't
have this problem with any other application.
Sounds like you might e a virus. MACL is very sensitive to such things.
Try running a copy of Disinfectant, VirusRX, or some other such program.