Problem with :disjoint selection type in *sequence-dialog-item*

I am having trouble getting disjoint selection to work in a list dialog
item.  I'm using *sequence-dialog-item* with the :selection-type
:disjoint initialization argument.  (I may have mis-recalled the names
for tis message, but what's in my program is from the manual).  The
behavior I am getting is that for :contiguous rather than that for
:disjoint.  Is there a patch to fix this?

I think the version I'm using is Coral Alegro 1.2.2.