dumplisp

   Date: Fri, 1 Feb 91 17:36:10 CST
   From: lynch@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Richard Lynch)

   >   Date: Fri, 1 Feb 91 09:01:26 CST
   >   From: lynch@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Richard Lynch)
   >
   >   According to the manual, dumplisp "executes all the functions on the list
   >   *save-exit-functions*.  This list initially contains a single function that
   >   closes all windows, takes down and stores the current menu bar, and
   >   disposes of other pointers to the Macintosh heap.  Macintosh Allegro CL
   >   then performs a garbage collection and dumps the heap image."
   >
   >   This raises some questions:
   >
   >     After the dumplisp finishes, the menubar is restored, and a listener pops
   >   up.  Is this accomplished by executing *restore-lisp-functions* or is this
   >   hard-wired?
   >
   >The menubar restoration is performed by *restore-lisp-functions*.  The
   Is there any way to NOT do the functions in *restore-lisp-functions*, but
   have them saved for re-boot.  ie, allow the user to choose quit, which
   prompts for a save, then does a dumplisp which includes the
   *restore-lisp-functions*, but DOESN'T then do those functions.

I imagine it would be easy to explicitly code this behavior into
the functions which you add to *RESTORE-LISP-FUNCTIONS*.  You would
also have to backpatch the function(s) which are already on
*RESTORE-LISP-FUNCTIONS* (by wrapping them in another function
which calls them conditionally).

   -andrew