make-pixmap

Is there a color equivalent of make-bitmap (perhaps called
make-pixmap)? I thought about writing one, but after looking at the
source for make-bitmap and the structure for pixmaps, I decided I was
in over my head. Alternatively, is there any other (easy, hopefully)
way to blt an array onto a color screen? If necessary, I'll abandon
MACL and use Think C (although I hate grunging around in the bit
bucket (sorry if I offended any of you die-hard C hackers out there...
:^)  )). Thanks!

                                                 --greg