Ordering MCL 2.0B1 from APDA

Vincent Keunen recently posted a message on INFO-MCL asking about how to order
MCL 2.0B1.  Last month I sent two messages to ANNOUNCE-MCL (which should
include everyone on INFO-MCL) titled something like "Macintosh Common Lisp 2.0
Press Release" and "More info on MCL 2.0B1".  In those messages I provided the
description of Macintosh Common Lisp v. 2.0B1 that will appear in the next
issue of the APDAlog.  I also said that these products should be available from
APDA around the end of March.

Below is the key ordering information from that message and some additional
information on APDA.  Send me a message if you want me to repost the complete
text of my previous messages.

--Harvey Alcabes
  Lisp Product Manager

Macintosh Common Lisp v. 2.0B1   NEW!
Apple Computer, Inc.    Class 1B

System requirements
A Macintosh Plus or later with at least 2.5 MB of RAM and 5 MB of disk storage
(at least 4 MB of RAM recommended); Macintosh System Software v. 6.0.4 or
later.

Product contents
Six Macintosh disks, "Getting Started with Macintosh Common Lisp" (a 96 page
manual), "Macintosh Common Lisp 2.0 Reference" (a 536 page manual), and "Common
Lisp: The Language, Second Edition" by Guy Steele Jr.  Purchasers of this
product will be sent final Macintosh Common Lisp 2.0 software and documentation
at no additional charge.

R0006LL/A   $495.00

Macintosh Common Lisp v. 2.0B1 Update     NEW!
Apple Computer, Inc.    Class 1B

This product updates purchasers of previous versions of Macintosh Allegro
Common Lisp to Macintosh Common Lisp v. 2.0B1 software and documentation at a
reduced price.

[Note: The upgrade can by purchased by anyone who bought Macintosh Allegro
Common Lisp from APDA or Developer Tools Express OR anyone who bought Macintosh
Allegro Common Lisp, Coral Common Lisp, or Pearl Lisp from Coral or from
distributors for Coral.]

Product contents
Six Macintosh disks, "Getting Started with Macintosh Common Lisp" (a 96 page
manual), and "Macintosh Common Lisp 2.0 Reference" (a 536 page manual).
Purchasers of this product will be sent final Macintosh Common Lisp 2.0
software and documentation at no additional charge.

Related product
"Common Lisp: The Language, Second Edition" by Guy Steele Jr. is strongly
recommended for update customers who don't already have a copy.

R0007LL/A   $250.00

[Note: The $250 charge for the upgrade is for BOTH a copy of Macintosh Common
Lisp 2.0B1 software and documentation AND a copy of Macintosh Common Lisp 2.0
final software and documentation.  When we release Macintosh Common Lisp 2.0
final we will probably charge  a lower the upgrade price for Lisp 1.x users
(since we won't have to send them two copies of the product).]

Distribution Channels

Macintosh Common Lisp 2.0 will be distributed by Apple through APDA.  For more
information in the U.S., contact (800) 282-2732; in Canada, (800) 637-0029; or
internationally, (408) 562-3910.

Additional notes (that weren't in the original messages):

APDA is not currently accepting orders for these products, but should be
accepting orders by the end of March.

Contact APDA for the cost of international shipping.

You can contact APDA in the following ways:

To contact APDA electronically:

    Internet        APDA@AppleLink.Apple.Com
    AppleLink:      APDA
    GEnie:          A.DEVELOPER3
    CompuServe:     76666,2405
    MacNet:         APDA
    MCI:            POSTROM

You can also contact APDA as follows:

    Telephone:      US:             1-800-282-2732
                    Canada          1-800-637-0029
                    International:  1-408-562-3910
                    Call Mon-Fri 7 am - 5 pm Pacific Standard Time
    Fax:            1-408-662-3971
    TELEX:          171-576

    Mail:           APDA
                    Apple Computer, Inc.
                    20525 Mariani Ave., MS 33-G
                    Cupertino, CA  95014-6299  USA

APDA is not currently accepting orders for these products, but should be
accepting orders by the end of March.

Because Macintosh Common Lisp v. 2.0B1 is beta software it is only available to
APDA subscribers (i.e. customers who have signed the APDA customer agreement).
APDA's annual subscription fees are $20 (US address), $25 (address in Canada or
Mexico), or $35 (any other country).  When the final version of Macintosh
Common Lisp v. 2.0 later this year it will be available to everyone, whether or
not they have signed the agreement and paid the fee.

Customers outside the U.S. must have returned an "International Letter of
Assurance" and "Product End-Use Questionaire" (found at the very back of the
APDAlog) to APDA before their order can be processed.  You only need to submit
this form to APDA one time.

Customers outside the U.S. may be able to purchase APDA products from APDA
programs in other countries.  Contact APDA to find out if there is an APDA
program in your country.