Re: finding the arglist of fun

   From: nate@garnet.berkeley.edu
   Subject: finding the arglist of functions...
   To: info-macl@cambridge.apple.com

   Is there a clean way to find the arglist of an arbitrary function in
   Allegro?  The inspector does it nicely, but all I seem to be able to
   find is "arglist-to-stream", which, besides taking a mystery optional
   argument, returns an arglist that looks like a regular expression.

     Please mail me directly - I'm not on the mailing list (yet...)
     Thanks in advance!

   --nate  (nate@garnet.berkeley.edu)

I'm afraid that ARGLIST-TO-STREAM is all there is in 1.3.  2.0 has
an ARGLIST function.  The regular expression is just for macros.
ARGLIST-TO-STREAM's output for regular functions should be parseable
by calling READ on it until EOF.

(defun arglist-to-stream (sym stream &optional (def (fwhere-global sym)))
  ...)

The mystery arg is a the function to which the first arg is bound, it
usually defaults correctly (FWHERE-GLOBAL may have block-compiled away).