*menubar-bottom* possible bug and request for help

I actually used *menubar-bottom* throughout my code to line up some
screen-sized windows with the menubar.  Unfortunately, with a Radius
two-page color display (with added memory to make it 16-bit), one is
allowed to set the menu font to a larger font throught the control panel
and *menubar-bottom* doesn't change.  (Errr.  I didn't expect it to change
right away, but on rebooting it still is wrong.)  This holds true for a
IIci and a IIcx.

Is there an alternative way to find the bottom of the menubar?

"TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu