trace bug

I'm trying to trace a function that takes an argument that looks like this:
(<structure-1> (<structure-2> . <integer>)

At some point in the tracing (cdr <integer>) is called with expectable
results.

The various functions which are called are:

i-display-update                   [ours]
Internal Function #x4D60           [presumably the trace wrap-around]
FORMAT
CCL::SUB-FORMAT
.
.                                  [functions that write out
(<structure-1>]
.
WRITE-1 (<structure-2> .1)
CCL::PP-WRITE-A-CONS (<structure-2> .1)
CCL::PP-LIST-BLOCK-TAIL 1
CDR 1

i-display-update is actually defined by a macro so I can't readily put in
format statements myself.

"TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu