Re: File Extensions

>I was browsing the INFO-MACL contributions directory and came upon a
number
>of files with .HQX, .CPT and .SIT extensions.  Can someone tell me how one
>goes about using these files?  I'm assuming that .HQX files are somekind
of
>compressed format, but I don't know how to uncompress them.
>
>Tim

.HQX stands for binhexed files (its a format which unifies the macintosh
data, resource and finder informations of a file in one common ascii text
only file). You can convert .hqx files with Stuffit.

.SIT is the extension of Stuffit archives.
.CPT is the extension of Compactor archives.

NB: Stuffit and Compactor are shareware utilities that should not be to
complicated to obtain.

Good luck.

Guillaume Cartier
LACIM, Universite du Quebec a Montreal.