[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: mailing list -> UseNet newsgroup. Survey results.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: mailing list -> UseNet newsgroup. Survey results.
- From: Mick ODonnell <mick@ISI.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 07 Jun 91 19:58:21 PDT
- In-reply-to: Your message of Fri, 07 Jun 91 12:06:20 -0400. <9106071606.AA27749@mipsmath>
- Reply-to: mick@ISI.EDU
> I would like to point out that the real problem here beeing
> the sheer volume of information coming from the mailing list can
> be solved simply in fragmenting the list into smaller mailing lists.
> Everyone would then be free to subscribe to only the mailing lists
> that interrests them!
> (something MCL already started to do when they introduced the
> As I see it the mailing is now divided beetween questions and
> bug reports. It would also be nice to have a subdivision for
> those interrested in code sharing.
trouble with separating questions out from the rest is that few
people will actually bother looking at the questions (after all, most
people are after answers). Particularly if we are suffering from an
information overflow. Questions are good, but a healthy news/mail
group must offer a rounded diversity of information and questions.