[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- From: Ranson <email@example.com>
- Date: 10 Jun 91 09:22:00 GMT
- X400-received: by /PRMD=inria/ADMD=atlas/C=FR/; Relayed; 10 Jun 91 09:22:31+0100
- X400-received: by /PRMD=CNET/ADMD=ATLAS/C=FR/; Relayed; 10 Jun 91 09:22:00 GMT
Creating a newsgroup is a good idea. At least it will stop the mail I get from
people complaining I send too much to the mailing list :-)
But please make sure the newsgroup is gatewayed both ways to a mailing list!
Where I am, exchanging mail with cambridge.apple.com is a matter of minutes,
while the news service is very poor. Things I post rarely make it across the
Atlantic, and the news I receive are usually several weeks old. For instance,
I have yet to see a single message about the comp.lang.lisp.mcl discussion in
the news. The Cambridge team has provided a tremendous service so far, please
don't blow it up.
While we're speaking of organization, I would like the MCL goodies that are
available via FTP at cambridge to be also on AppleLink for those of us who don't
have FTP access.
Daniel Ranson (firstname.lastname@example.org)