double-click

Back in 1.3.2, something like this would "work":
(defobfun (dialog-item-click-event-handler *my-button*) (where)
  (if (double-click-p)
    (print "Double")
    (print "Single)))

Specifically, it would print Double *OR* Single.

In 2.0b1 (without patches), it prints single on the first half of the
double-click and double on the second half:

(make-instance 'dialog
  :view-subviews
  (list
    (make-instance 'button-dialog-item
      :dialog-item-action
      #'(lambda (item)
          (declare (ignore item))
          (if (double-click-p)
            (print "Double")
            (print "Single"))))))

I'm not quite sure what object used to delay to check for a double-click
before invoking the various click-event-handlers, but I sure wish it still
did.

I'd appreciate any advice on how to implement something that would behave
the old way.  I'm very unsure of how to do this.

"TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu