Date dialog - help!

I'd like to have a dialog box in which dates are entered, in much the same
way as the date and time are entered from the Control Panel, that is, one
field is highlighted at a time, there is a little uparrow/downarrow button,
and only valid numbers can appear in the selected box (if you enter "70"
for minutes or seconds, "00" appears in the  box). I'm guessing that it's
not too difficult (if somewhat fussy) to do, and I'd have to attach looots
of code to the item-action (or whatever it's called) slot to ensure that this
happens. Anyone done this? Any pointers?

I'm using the Dialog Designer and 2.0b2.

Any comments appreciated.
Charlene Abrams