Re: scrolling static text

In <1991Sep6.153708.28511@midway.uchicago.edu> mcdougal@cs.uchicago.edu (Tom McDougal) writes:

>I need a scrolling static text dialog item containing
>formatted text.  By "formatted" I mean indented a-la
>pretty-printing; I would also like to display some of
>the text in bold and some of it plain, but can give
>that up.  Finally, I would prefer that text *not* wrap
>to fit (I want to supply a horizontal scroll bar).

I would suggest defining a specialization of
scrolling-fred-dialog-item (available in CCL;Library) and
defining a view-key-event-handler method to do nothing, or to beep:

(require :scrolling-fred-dialog-item)

(defclass read-only-scrolling-fred-dialog-item
     (ccl::scrolling-fred-dialog-item)
     ())

(defmethod view-key-event-handler ((self read-only-scrolling-fred-dialog-item)
                                   keystroke)
   (declare (ignore keystroke))
   (ed-beep))

Christopher Owens
Department of Computer Science                 1100 East 58th Street
The University of Chicago                      Chicago, IL 60637
owens@gargoyle.uchicago.edu                    (312) 702-2505