MCL 2.0 & music on Mac speaker

  I want to do a MCL project that's music-related but don't want to require
that the user have a MIDI setup. Does anyone know of any code that helps with
the production of single notes through the internal Mac speaker? The code must
be for MCL 2.0 and must work with the new Sound Manager. (I know that a
previous Developer CD had some code to do simple music production, but it was
in MACL 1.3.2, and I'm told that, even converted to 2.0, it wouldn't work with
System 7 and the new Sound Manager.)

  I'd appreciate any leads and/or ideas you might have. Thanks.

--Gregg Williams
  Apple Direct
  Apple Computer, Inc.
  GREGGW on AppleLink