[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: in-package problems
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: 7 Jan 92 16:44:52 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Oxford University VAXcluster
I am having some problems with the IN-PACKAGE
macro in MCL2.0b1. IN the old version (Mac. Allegro
1.3.2) is is simple to use IN-PACKAGE with a variable
name, however this appears no longer to be possible.
(setf *name* Rpackage-nameS)
(make-package *name*) ;; this bit works fine
;;;this then returns
> Error: There is no package named "*NAME*" .
> While executing: CCL::SET-PACKAGE
Am I doing something silly, if not how can I get around
this problem and pass package names as variable?
Thanks for any help