[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: macro arglists
- To: email@example.com (Irfan)
- Subject: Re: macro arglists
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1992 12:02:22 -0500
- Cc: email@example.com (Bob Hall), info-mcl
>there is nothing wrong with that. If MCL knows of a definition it will
>tell you the parameters to that definition when you write the function
>name. For macros or functions you define you must set the SAVE DEFINITIONS
>options in the environment for it to do the same. ?? does not means bad, it
>just means that MCL does not know. It is a feature to help the programmer.
Yes, the "??" was changed from an earlier version which printed
"arg1 arg2": very confusing. However, Bob Hall was complaining
that MCL didn't know the arglist for the WHEN macro, which it clearly
should, and which 2.0 final will.