Connections.Lisp

Hi, I'm new to this mailing list and have the following problem: (if I'm on the
wrong list, please redirect me...):
1. How can I create a record from the following definition:
  (defrecord CMBufferSizes (array (array :signed-long 8)))
Do I really have to allocate memory of my own (like %stack-block ((array 32)) ??
2. What does this do ? There's nothing in the docs...
  (def-mactype :connhandle (find-mactype :pointer))
It is defined once, but never again used !
3. If anyone has some sample code, could he / she please send it to me ?
Many thsnha
Many thanks !!