The file init.lisp must be in the same folder as the MCL application.
(Darryn J Kozak	)

The init.lisp file is only used if you start up MCL by opening the
application,
not by double-clicking on the icon for a lisp file.  This seemed pretty
counter-intuitive to me, but it is documented. (dan)

When you patch your application, you save it with Save-Application. Be sure
to not forget the :init-file "init" option : (save-application "Foo"
  :init-file "init").
Otherwise, nothing would append at launch. (D. Ranson and G. Cartier)

Hope this help.

Mathieu

BTW : In a summary, "do I have to" refer to the author of the mail ? What
do you prefer, being glorified or being shadowed ?-) (I just wonder...)

---
Lafourcade Mathieu
GETA (Groupe d'Etude pour la Traduction Automatique)
BP 53X, 38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX, FRANCE

Lafourca@imag.fr