Out of System Memory

The problem "Out of System memory from an independent  LISP application calling C"
seems to be caused by the buffer space set up by C.  When I reduced the buffer to about
1K, everything works fine.  If the buffer is 6K, it is "out of system memory".  I have not tried
from 1k to 6k yet.   It does not matter if  I use Finder or Multi-finder.  I even get rid of all the
startup  INIT's.   MCL memory sizes tried were 2048K and 3072K.

I am using System 6.07, MCL 1.3.2, MPWC 3.2, IICi, and 8M RAM.

Sheldon Shen