[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Hypercard to MCL
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Hypercard to MCL
- From: email@example.com (Ira Haimowitz)
- Date: 20 Feb 92 17:50:55 GMT
- Distribution: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: MIT Lab for Computer Science
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello. I am using the AppleEvent toolkit with Macintosh Common Lisp
version 2.0b4p1 to cummunicate with Hypercard 2.1 . Thus far I are able to
communicate from MCL to Hypercard, reading lines from
Hypercard containers into MCL, and then converting those items into
However, I am having difficul;ty communicating from Hypercard to lisp;
that is sending function calls or data to MCL with Hypercard scripts.
I tried to use the command given in the toolkit in the exampels folder of
MCL 2.0b4p1. Specificaly, I tried the command:
request "(+ 1 2)" from program "MCL 2.0b4p1"
and got a dialog box saying "not handled by target program"
this message is also put into the variable
If anyone has any experiences that may remedy this error. please
send e-mail to
and I will summarize the replies to the group.
A thousand thank yous,
MIT Lab for Computer Science