Re: MacTCP

>ciao,
>
>We have stumbled onto a problem which we believe is related to this minimum
>case:
>
>? (dotimes (i 8)
>   (let ((s (open-tcp-stream "carbon.elements.rpal.rockwell.com" "exec")))
>    (close s)))
>NIL
>? (open-tcp-stream "carbon.elements.rpal.rockwell.com" "exec")
>> Error: Error #-23048
>> While executing: TCP-HOST-ADDRESS
>> Type Command-. to abort.
>See the RestartsI menu item for further choices.
>
>Any clues?

I got the same problem and managed to track it just a bit further.
The #-23048 error which is by the way, MacTCP out of memory,
seems to be caused by the resolver, i.e. the same expression with the
address already resolved i.e. something like the following:
... (open-tcp-stream 132.208.12.7 "exec") ... will cause no error.
This is still a bug, but at least, you now have a way around it.

Guillaume Cartier
LACIM, Universite du Quebec a Montreal.
Bureau: (514) 987-4290
E-Mail: cartier@math.uqam.ca