MCL 2.01b/Excel 3.0 Communication

I would like to build an application using Microsoft Excel 3.0 macros that
could send requests to a MCL program running in the background.

I would like the Excel macro to be able to send the request to MCL, wait for
LISP to finish processing the request, and continue processing the next Excel
macro command when LISP returns the result.

I built a database using MCL and would like to use Excel as the user
interface, database query front end, and reporting tool.

Any ideas?