RE: Compiler Warnings, again

 Michael Pazzani writes:

>> Once again, I understand that warnings should almost never be turned
>> off, but a program that calls the compiler during its normal operation
>> might want to control the warnings.

Even if your program is calling the compiler, you should have your program
generate common-lisp code which doesn't generate any warnings.  If you are
generating some warnings, then you should update the code generator part of
your compiler to generate code which is warning free by using declarations as
necessary and wrapping your functions in a with-compilation-unit form.  This
way, you can be sure that your compiler flags at least as many warnings as the
common lisp compiler that you are using.

-Jonathan