printing

Occasionally I like to print out my code (or more often results
generated by my code).  I find that in my current configuration
Mac IIci, System 7.0+tuneup, 20 meg ram, new Stylewriter driver
(7.2.2), and ATM, it takes an extremely long time: minutes for the first
output. I've never timed a page because it takes so long. Printing
from other programs keeps the Stylewriter pretty busy with few pauses,
so I don't immediately suspect a system setup problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks