RE: Compiler Warnings, again

I'm just going to jump into the fray here for a sec to spout my firmly
held opinion:

   Just because _you_ don't like it and _you_ don't thing it's "right"
   doesn't mean that someone else should be prevented from doing it.

In other words, if you don't want warnings suppressed, then enable
them yourself.  Don't force everyone to have to watch them.
Personally, I want to see all the warnings I get, 'cause they probably
mean something's wrong.  But I think that you should be able to
suppress them if you want to.  Say there is a BIG DEMO coming up and
your code still has a few harmless (or even harmful) warnings in it.
Chances are you don't want everyone watching to see all those warnings
flood the screen--it'd look bad.

So anyway, that's my 50th of a dollar.

Ian Flanigan

Medical Informatics Group
Washington University in St. Louis	"You can never have too many napkins."
(314) 362-4320
flan@informatics.wustl.edu