Re: AppleShare Question

>>I need the ability to programmaticaly mount a remote macintosh
>>on my desktop. i.e. to be able to do by MCL code exactly the same
>>thing as opening the chooser, selecting a zone, entering a user name
>>and password, selecting the folder to mount and clicking ok.
>>
>>Anybody ever done this?
>>Any clues?
>>
>>NB: I know it's possible, Quickeys does it!
>>
>I haven't done this in lisp, but one thing that I do in frontier is create
>an alias to the drive you want to mount, then run the alias.  Maybe you
>could do something like this.

I haven't done it, but a quick perusal of Inside Macintosh Volume VI
reveals that the following two traps may do the trick.

#_NewAliasMinimalFromFullpath
#_ResolveAlias

The only problem with these is that they don't allow specification of
the user and password. You'll get a dialog requesting that information.

Mounting volumes at a lower level is described in IM VI 25-26.
This allows specification of the user name and password, but you'll
have to play with it a bit to figure out how to encode that information.
The relevant traps are:

#_PBGetVolMountInfoSize
#_PBGetVolMountInfo
#_PBVolumeMount

If you think I sound knowledgeable about this, don't be fooled. Everything
I talked about here came from 15 minutes of looking at Inside Macintosh.
I haven't written any of the relevant code, so I don't know what demons
are lurking therein.