MCL Problems on Quadra and System 7

We recently purchased a Quandra 700 with 20 MB memory for the primary
purpose of running Mac Common Lisp (MCL).  Our application is
currently running under MCL 1.3.2, but we have purchased MCL 2.0b1 and
plan to upgrade the application to 2.0b1 as soon as we get the time.

Unfortunately, we are unable to run either MCL 1.3.2 or 2.0b1 on the
Quadra.  The symptoms are as follows:

When we try to open MCL 1.3.2 the application immediately closes.

When we try to open MCL 2.0b1 (as part of the installation) the
application quits with the following dialog:  "The application
"unknown" has unexpectedly quit, because an error of type 3 occurred."
 We then manually copied all of the MCL 2.0b1 files (except
"init.fasl") onto the hard disk.  When we try to open the file MCL
"2.0b1", the menu bar goes blank, the mouse remains as an arrow, and
the system gets hung.  We then copied "install-init.fasl" over from
another Mac (i.e. a Mac II, not a Quadra).  When we try to open the
file MCL "2.0b1", the mouse changes to a watch and the system gets
hung.

We have called Apple and they told us to call the store that sold us
the Quadra.  We called the store, who called Apple and was told that
since MCL 2.0b1 is an "unreleased product", they cannot help.

We have also recently upgraded to System 7.0.1.  Both MCL 1.3.2 and
2.0b1 seem to work fine under System 7, except for one thing.  After I
load my application under MCL 1.3.2, if I try to "Open" or "Load" a
file from Lisp or the Menus the application quits with the following
dialog:  "The application "unknown" has unexpectedly quit, because an
error of type 25 occurred."

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could give us a clue for
how to get MCL 1.3.2 and 2.0b1 running on the Quadra and possibly an
idea regarding what is happening that causes the "type 25" error in
MCL 1.3.2 under System 7.  In addition, does anybody have a list of
what these error codes stand for?

Thanks.

Jerry Azarewicz
Code 7013