Re: reindex-interfaces?

To:     Tom McDougal    mcdougal@cs.uchicago.edu
cc:     info-mcl
From:   Steve Mitchell
Date:   4/27/92

Sub:    reindex-interfaces

> Can someone enlighten me concerning REINDEX-INTERFACES?
> I can't find anything in the docs.
In ":library:interfaces:index:" you'll find several .idx
files built by REINDEX-INTERFACES by scanning all those
little .lisp files and caching where everything important
is located. Change any of these files and you need to
invoke REINDEX-INTERFACES (and take a coffee break).

> A while ago I executed that function, and now under
> certain conditions I get a stream of compiler 'redefine'
> warnings when I load a particular file that loads quickdraw.
Try running REINDEX-INTERFACES again; maybe you changed
something in QuickDraw.lisp. If you've never intentionally
changed anything in the interfaces folder, just reinstall it.

You don't seem to know for sure that REINDEX-INTERFACES has
anything to do with your problem. If you include any QuickDraw
definitions (like the ones you're getting warnings for) in
your own files, you'll get these warnings. Fortunately,
compiler warnings generally tell you exactly what the problem
is, and they mean it.

_Steve