[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FTP - @*!@%
- To: MCL List <email@example.com>
- Subject: FTP - @*!@%
- From: Jim Hurd <71501.1347@CompuServe.COM>
- Date: 27 Apr 92 23:05:48 EDT
! Flame on !
Boy its frustrating to read about all this incredible stuff available by FTP
only. Wouldn't it be great if a company with
1. A vested interest in Unix/Lisp/Computers in general
2. Experience in delivering monthly CD ROM's to the Developer community
could put this "publically available" stuff on a series of CD ROMs for the rest
of us. We get UUNET's archive but its a pain (on tape) and sporadic in
coverage and currency. UUNET's pseudo ftp is our only conduit to the current
stuff and it is _extremely_ inconvenient not to mention slow. I could easily
budget $1000/yr for this type of product. We would save at least this in
connect time and general reduction of aggrevation/blood pressure.
! Flame off !
Does anyone have a better solution for ftp access than UUNET? We would like to
do directory listings and can't pay more than $200/month.