Re-reindex-interfaces?

To:     Tom McDougal    mcdougal@cs.uchicago.edu
cc:     info-mcl
From:   Steve Mitchell
Date:   4/28/92

Sub:    re- reindex-interfaces

IF YOU ARE USING MCL 2.0B1 READ NO FURTHER!

> The warnings I am getting are all like this:
> ;Warning:  CCL::RECORD :COLORSPEC previously defined in: ...RECORDS.lisp
> ;                  is now being redefined in: ...QUICKDRAW.lisp
> The problem comes from executing
>   (require :records)
>   (require :quickdraw)
> This is MCL 2.0b3

Remove "(require :records)".
Make sure you are using the Library folder that came with 2.0b3.
The files records.lisp and traps.lisp are provided only for backward
compatibility. Records are now autoloaded from the files in the
interfaces subfolder when needed; references are detected
syntactically (by rref, rlet, etc), and find-record-descriptor is
called by MCL to load the record description. I assume the .idx
files help MCL find the record description quickly. *record-types*
contains a list of all the record types currently loaded.

_Steve